It is with great pleasure that we thank each one of you for your valuable contribution to the success of the “Laboratory Medicine for Mobile Societies in our Area” Joint Meeting by submitting your abstract.
In order to successfully submit your work, you are kindly requested to follow the guidelines below.
Abstracts must be submitted ONLY ONLINE through this website.
Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
New Abstract Submission Deadline: 25th August,2022
Notification of acceptance: 5th September, 2022
Please make sure to read carefully the following guidelines before proceeding with the preparation and submission of your abstract. When you are ready for the submission, please proceed with the completion of the Online Abstract Submission Form
- The official language of the Meeting will be English, so all abstracts must be prepared, submitted and presented in English.
- The Abstract Submission Form should be completed by the author who will be responsible for all correspondence (correct email is really important).
- Length: the abstract’stext body should not exceed 350 words. When a table is included, then the text body should not exceed 300 words.
- Table(s): Table/diagram/picture should be saved as an image file (jpeg, gif, etc.) before being uploaded (otherwise will not be uploaded successfully). Use of such graphics will automatically reduce the number of words allowed (it should correspond to 50 words and must be included in the limitation of 350 words in order to fit the size of an A4 paper). Only one image can be included per abstract. The image will be placed at the bottom of the abstract in all publications and may be resized to fit in the format of the final printed material.
- Structure: The text of the abstract must include: Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusions and contain the main findings of the study with adequate evidence to support the findings.
All abstracts must be allocated to a specific Topic. For a complete listing of abstract Topics, see below:
|→ Advanced technologies
→ Analytical technologies and applications
→ Artificial intelligence - Informatics
→ Autoimmune diseases , including allergy
→ Bioinformatics, including data management
→ Biomarkers in cancer
→ Bone metabolism
→ Cardiovascular diseases, including cardiac markers
→ Education and Training in Laboratory Medicine
→ Evidence based medicine, including Guidelines
→ Gastrointestinal diseases, including hepatic and pancreatic diseases
→ Genetic diseases
→ Haematology, including haemostasis
→ Inflammation, vascular biology, endothelium and oxidative stress
→ Inherited disorders, metabolic disorders and rare diseases
→ Kidney diseases
Note: Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
- Title: The abstract title should be submitted strictly in capital letters and not exceed a limit of 25 words. Please do not use abbreviations.
Affiliations: In this field you should provide the affiliation details of all authors: Department/ Hospital/ University/ Institution etc (eg. Vascular Surgery Department, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece). If an author needs to be registered to more than one affiliation, you are kindly requested to use the & symbol between the two affiliations (eg. Vascular Surgery Department, Faculty of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly Larissa & University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece).
All submitters are requested to indicate a preferred type of presentation (Oral Presentation/) ePoster) at the “Comment” section.
Abstract Selection and Presentation
The Scientific Committee will review all submitted abstracts and determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation. The type of presentation will also be determined by the Committee, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
Find HERE the instructions for submitting your abstract in the LM4MS platform.
- Authors are requested to check their abstracts thoroughly before submission. The abstract, if approved for presentation, will be published as submitted. However, authors may edit the details of their abstract until the deadline for abstract submission, in case they need to make any important corrections or changes in the abstract(s) they have already submitted, through the link that will be provided by email*.
- Authors should not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Abstract Review Committee may reject an abstract and not review it, if it does not adhere to the above guidelines. Therefore, authors must strictly adhere to the above guidelines, otherwise abstracts cannot be considered for presentation. Such abstracts will be rejected, and the author will not be informed.
- The corresponding (submitting) author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission (submission implies that the corresponding author has received approval from co-authors).
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges author's acceptance for the abstract to be published in all official congress publications/ material.
Notes to Remember
- Abstracts must be original. Abstracts already presented and published, will not be accepted.
- Contact/ Queries: For any further information or clarification regarding your abstract submission you may contact the Organizing/Secretariat (email@example.com).
After online submission you will receive (by e-mail) an "Abstract Submission Number" indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted. This number must be referred to in all correspondence. Please print or save this receipt on your computer, as it will serve as a confirmation of successful abstract submission.
If you do not receive this automatic email immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been submitted properly (registered in the database). In this case you are kindly requested to repeat the procedure or contact the Organizing Bureau/Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and assistance.
The corresponding author will be notified with reference to the approval or rejection of the submitted abstract(s) by email*
*email address completed in the online form by the corresponding author during the abstract submission.